VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons .
|Skinless Fish – Medium Pieces (Preferably Boneless)||1/2 kg / 1.1 lb|
|Egg White Only||1|
|Whole Green chilies||15|
|(For more hot/spicy preparation use 10 whole and 5 sliced Green Chillies instead of above)|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying Fish|
|Curry Leaves||60 to 70 leaves – 6 twigs|
|Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Apollo Fish Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- In a bowl mix fish thoroughly with only One Tablespoon water, entire masala of pouch # 1 and One egg white only without the yolk and marinate for one hour.
- In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying fish.
- Put fish pieces one by one into the heated oil and on medium flame, deep fry till fish becomes golden brown. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
- Mix entire ingredients of pouch # 2 in 45 ml / 3 Tablespoons of water, thoroughly into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Transfer oil left over after frying fish into a bowl leaving only 3 tablespoons in the kadai (wok), heat it, add green chilies and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add curry leaves and let them splutter for a minute or so. Now add Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara dhanya, Mint leaves/Pudina, entire fish and masala paste of pouch # 2, mix thoroughly and stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.