Bombay Chicken Biryani
VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients required for 6 persons
|Chicken with Bones (18 To 20 Pieces)||1 Kg / 2.2 Lbs|
|Rice Basmati (Take Good Quality Old Rice)||1 Kg. / 2.2 Lbs|
|Onions||300 Gms / 10.5 Oz / 4 to 5 Medium|
|Oil||125 Ml / One Teacup|
|Cilantro Leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint Leaves / Pudina||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Potatoes (4 Medium)||200 Gms / 7.05 Oz|
|Tomatoes (4 To 5 Medium)||200 Gms / 7.05 Oz|
|Dried Plums / Alu Bukhara||7 Pieces|
|Yogurt / Curd||250 Gms / 8.8 Oz|
|Milk||125 Ml / 1 Tea Cup|
|Lemon||Juice of 1 Lemon|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Bombay Chicken Biryani Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and soak rice for at least half hour.
- Cut each potato into 4 pieces, fry and keep them aside.
- Take entire Masala of pouch no. 1 and make a paste by adding 50 ml water and apply thoroughly to the chicken and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker take 75 ml oil and fry onions till they start changing colour, slice and add tomatoes, cook till they are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the chicken mixed with Masala and on high flame fry for about five minutes stirring continuously.
- Add yogurt / curd and cook for another five minutes till the rawness of the yogurt / curd goes. Add the dried plums, close lid and pressure cook till first whistle only. Reduce flame to low and cook for 5 minutes only. Close stove and let cooker cool down.
- Open lid of cooker, pour entire contents of pouch no. 2 and add whole green chilies, cilantro / kothmir / hara dhanya and mint leaves / pudina, potatoes, mix and cook on low flame for about 2 to 3 minutes only.
- Take 3 liters of water in a big pot and let it come to a complete boil. Add entire contents of the third remaining pouch in the water and cook till rice is almost done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain rice thoroughly and spread half of the rice on the bottom of a pan. Add entire cooked chicken and spread evenly over the rice and then spread the remaining half of the rice on the top of the cooked meat evenly.
- Pour entire milk, 50 ml oil and the juice of one lemon evenly on the top layer of rice, seal the pan with aluminum foil tightly and place on a big stove on high flame till steam comes out. This process should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot and place a wok (tawa) and then place pot on wok (tawa) on reduced flame so that the flame just touches the wok, for about 30 minutes. Rotate the pot on the wok (tawa) from time to time.
- Close stove, mix and serve hot.