VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Skinless Chicken with bone cut into 24 Pcs OR Boneless, Skinless Chicken thinly sliced 2 inches long||1 Kg. OR 1/2 Kg / 1.1 lb|
|Onions – Finely Sliced||180 Gms /6.34 oz / 3 medium|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoons / 30 ml|
|Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania – Sliced finely||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina – Sliced finely||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||50 gms / 1.76 oz|
|Butter||50 Gms / 1.76 oz|
|Cashew Nuts – Grounded with ½ cup water||30 Gms / 1.06 oz|
|Cream||50 Gms / 1.76 oz|
|Orange Red Color||2 Pinches|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Butter Chicken Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water and make paste of Butter chicken masala and apply to Chicken along with the grounded Cashew nut paste and keep aside.
- Add Orange red color in the yogurt / curd, mix and whip thoroughly and keep aside.
- Heat oil and Butter in a pressure cooker, fry onions till they start changing color.
- Add the chicken and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously making sure Butter chicken masala paste doesn’t stick to bottom of cooker.
- Add yogurt / curd to the above and cook, stirring continuously till yogurt / curd is done. (This process takes anywhere between 2 to 4 minutes).
- Add 250 ml / 1 glass water and mix thoroughly.
- Close lid of pressure cooker. On first whistle of cooker, close stove and let cooker cool down.
- Remove lid and cook till chicken is tender and gravy becomes thick, stirring occasionally. Add cream, mix thoroughly and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Close stove, add Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhania and Mint leaves/Pudina, cover cooker and let it remain on stove for 5 minutes and serve.