VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Chicken with bones cut into 16 pieces||1 Kg / 2 lbs|
|Onions sliced||300 Gms / 10.56 oz / 4 medium / Fried 4 Fistfuls|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Green Chillies – Whole||3|
|Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||250 gms / 8.8 oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Chicken Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Heat oil, fry onions till golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water and make paste of chicken masala.
- In a pressure cooker take 90 ml / 6 tablespoons of oil left over after frying onions, add green chillies and chicken and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, add above paste and fry for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously making sure masala paste doesn’t stick to the bottom of the cooker.
- Whip yogurt / curd, add to the above and cook, stirring continuously till yogurt / curd is done. (This process takes anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes).
- Crush the fried onions, add to the above and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 250 ml / 1 glass water and mix thoroughly.
- Close lid of pressure cooker. On first whistle of cooker, reduce flame to low and cook for five minutes. Close stove and let cooker cool down.
- Remove lid and cook for another five minutes only if chicken is not tender enough, stirring occasionally, otherwise proceed to step no. 9
- Put on lowest flame, add cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhania and Mint leaves/Pudina, mix well, cover and leave for 5 minutes and serve.