Dum Ka Chicken
VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Chicken, skinless with bones, cut into 16 pieces||1 Kg / 2.2 lbs|
|Onions sliced||250 Gms / 9 oz / 4 medium / Fried 4 Fistfuls|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Green Chillies – Whole||3|
|Cilantro leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||250 gms / 8.8 oz|
|Edible orange red colour||5 to 7 pinches / 1½ gms|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Dum ka Chicken Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Heat oil, deep fry onions till golden brown, remove, crush them after drying and keep aside.
- Whip yogurt / curd, add 100 ml / one small tea cup water, colour, Dum ka Chicken masala, mix thoroughly and make a paste.
- In a Lagan (Tray or something like a tray which can be kept on a stove), take chicken, 90 ml / 6 tablespoons of oil left over after frying onions, above paste, crushed onions, green chillies, Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya and Mint Leaves / pudina, mix thoroughly and marinate for two hours.
- Place the Lagan (with chicken pieces side by side) on high flame on a stove, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Lower the flame and cook with the lid closed till chicken is tender. Turn the chicken upside down after every 10 minutes. Remove and serve.