VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Chicken with bones cut into 24 pieces||1 Kg / 2.2 lbs|
|Onions – Cut into 16 or 20 big pieces||2 Medium/100 to125 Gms/3.5 to 4.4 oz|
|Onions – Finely Sliced||3 Medium / 150 Gms / 5.25 oz|
|Cooking oil||Total 10 Tablespoons / 150 ml|
|Capsicum / Bell Pepper – Cut into 12 or 16 big pieces||2 Medium|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya||One small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Kadhai Chicken Masala||One Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Take 50ml / Half small tea cup water and make paste of entire Kadhai chicken Masala, apply to chicken and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat 105 ml / 7 tablespoons of oil and fry 2 finely diced onions till they start changing color.
- Add Chicken mixture and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously making sure masala paste doesn’t stick to the bottom of the cooker.
- Add Half glass / 125 ml water to the above, mix thoroughly, close lid of pressure cooker and cook on high flame till first whistle.
- Reduce flame to lowest and cook for 5 Minutes only. Close stove and let cooker cool down,.
- Heat 45 ml / 3 Tablespoons cooking oil in a Kadhai (Round shaped Frying Pan without lid) and fry big onion pieces and Capsicum / Bell pepper pieces for about 3 to 5 minutes till their rawness is gone.
- Transfer entire contents of pressure cooker into the Kadhai and cook on high flame till Chicken is tender and a thick gravy is achieved, stirring occasionally.
- Close stove and garnish with Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya.