VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Meat with bones||1/2 Kg / 1.1 lb|
|Onions sliced||300 Gms / 10.55 oz / 4 medium / Fried 4 Fistful|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Green Chillies – Whole||3|
|Cilantro leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||200 gms / 7.05 oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Mutton Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Heat oil, deep fry onions till golden brown, remove and keep aside.
- Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water, make paste of Mutton Masala and apply on mutton evenly.
- In a Pressure cooker take 90 ml / 6 tablespoons of oil left over after frying onions, add green chillies, fry for a minute or so, Add meat with the masala and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously making sure the masala paste doesn’t stick to the bottom of the cooker.
- Whip yogurt / curd, add to the above and cook, stirring continuously, till yogurt / curd is cooked. (This process takes anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes).
- Crush the fried onions, add to the above and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 250 ml / 1 glass water and mix thoroughly.
- Close lid of pressure cooker. On 3rd whistle of cooker, reduce flame to low and cook for 15 minutes if meat is tender, otherwise for another 5 to 10 minutes. Close the stove and let the cooker cool down.
- Remove lid and cook for another 5 minutes only if meat is not tender, stirring occasionally, otherwise Put on lowest flame, add cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhania and Mint leaves/Pudina, mix well, cover and leave for 5 minutes and serve.