VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Mutton||½ Kg / 1.1 lb|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Onions||200 gms / 7 oz|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya||1 Small bunch|
|Yogurt (curd)||200 gms / 7 oz|
|Almonds||50 gms / 1.75 oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Mutton Qorma Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Soak Almonds for some time, remove skin, make a paste in 50 ml water in a grinder and keep aside.
- Dice the onions, take enough oil in a wok, deep fry them till golden brown. Remove, dry and keep aside.
- Mix entire Mutton Qorma Masala in 50 ml / Half teacup water, make a paste and apply it thoroughly to the Mutton and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker take 150 ml oil left over after frying onions and heat.
- Add mutton mixed with Qorma Masala paste and sauté for about five minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the yogurt / curd after whipping and cook till raw smell of yogurt / curd goes, stirring continuously.
- Add the Almond paste and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Crush the dried onions, add and mix thoroughly.
- Add 600 ml / Three glasses of water, mix thoroughly and pressure cook till the 3rd whistle.
- Reduce flame to dim and let it cook for 10 minutes only. Don’t cook more than this as the mutton will get very tender and break into pieces.
- Let the cooker cool, open it, add Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya and let it simmer for about ten minutes on low flame.
- Remove and serve.