VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Kabuli Chana / Garbanzo Beans||250 Gms / 8.80 Oz|
|Cooking Oil||8 Tablespoons / 120 ML|
|Tomatoes||Two Medium / 120 Gms / 4.25 Oz|
|Green Chilli||1 Whole|
|Onions||5 Medium / 300 Gms / 11 Oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Chole Masala||One Packet|
Follow this method step by step:
- Soak Kabuli Chana / Garbanzo beans in water for at least two hours, dice onions and tomatoes very finely and keep aside.
- Mix entire contents of Chole Masala in 50 ml water into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Drain soaked water from Kabuli Chana / Garbanzo beans thoroughly in a glass. Fill the glass up with extra water if necessary. Pressure cook the beans in the same water (One glass / 250 ml) till 3rd whistle. Reduce flame to low and cook in the cooker for One Hour. Let the cooker cool down.
- After cooker cools, heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till they start changing color.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the whole green chilli without slicing or cutting and sauté for a minute or two.
- Reduce flame to medium and add Chole Masala paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Kabuli chana / Garbanzo beans along with the water remaining in the cooker and on high flame cook till water dries, stirring and mixing continuously.
- Serve hot with Bhatura / Puri. Garnish with raw onions and lemon (Optional).