VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Potatoes||250 Gms / Oz|
|Cauliflower||100 Gms / Oz|
|Green Beans||100 Gms / Oz|
|Green Peas||50 Gms / Oz|
|Cooking Oil||Enough For Deep Frying Veggies|
|Onions||250 Gms / Oz|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya||1 Small Bunch|
|Yogurt (Curd)||200 Gms / Oz|
|Coconut Powder||15 Gms / Oz|
|Cashew Nuts||15 Gms / Oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Vegetable Khorma Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and dice Potatoes (Big size), Cauliflower, Green Beans and Green Peas. Deep fry, drain and keep aside.
- Dice the onions and in the same oil deep fry them till golden brown. Remove, dry and keep aside.
- Mix entire Vegetable Khorma Masala in 50 ml / Half teacup water, make a paste and keep aside.
- Lightly roast the coconut powder and cashew nuts on a Tawa / Wok and make a paste in the grinder by adding a little water and keep aside.
- In a pot take 100 ml oil left over after frying vegetables and onions and heat.
- Add Khorma Masala paste and cook for just one or two minutes only stirring continuously, otherwise it will get charred.
- Add the yogurt / curd after whipping and cook till raw smell of yogurt / curd goes stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut powder and cashew nuts paste and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Crush the dried onions, add and mix.
- Add 600 ml / Three glasses of water, mix thoroughly and let it come to a boil.
- Add the fried vegetables, one small bunch of Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya and one small bunch of Mint leaves, reduce flame to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for about ten minutes and close the stove.
- Garnish with another bunch of Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya before serving.