Vegetable Malai Kofta
VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Potatoes||250 Gms / 8.8 Oz|
|Cauliflower||100 Gms / 3.5 Oz|
|Green Beans||100 Gms / 3.5 Oz|
|Green Peas||50 Gms / 1.75 Oz|
|Green Chilies – Whole||3|
|Cooking Oil||Enough for Deep Frying Koftas|
|Onions||250 Gms / 8.8 Oz|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya||2 Small Bunches|
|Cream||200 Ml / Gms – 7 Oz|
|Yogurt (Curd)||100 Gms / 3.5 Oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Vegetable Malai Kofta Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and dice Potatoes, Cauliflower, Green Beans and Green Peas. Pressure cook the vegetables with one glass of water till the first whistle only. Close cooker and let it cool.
- Open cooker after cooling, drain all the water thoroughly and remove the vegetables in a bowl.
- Add entire contents of Vegetable Malai Kofta pouch # 1 to the vegetables. Mix and mash the vegetables thoroughly simultaneously.
- Keep the mixed dough in the freezer for about half an hour to one hour as it will make it easier to make and shape the koftas.
- Wet your palm with a little oil and make about 20 to 25 round shaped koftas.
- Take enough oil in a kadhai / wok and deep fry the koftas till they become crispy. Remove and keep aside.
- Mix entire masala of vegetable kofta masala pouch # 2 in 50 ml / Half teacup of water and keep aside.
- In the same oil fry the onions till golden brown, remove and spread. Crush them finely after drying and keep aside.
- Make small incisions in the green chillies, so that they don’t pop up while frying and keep aside.
- Take 100 ml oil left after frying the vegetable koftas and onions in a pot and heat it.
- Add pouch # 2 of vegetable kofta Masala paste and cook for just one or two minutes only stirring continuously, otherwise it will get charred.
- Add the yogurt / curd after whipping and cook till raw smell of yogurt / curd goes stirring continuously.
- Add the coconut powder and cashew nuts paste and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Crush the dried onions, add and mix.
- Add 500 ml / two and a half glasses of water, mix thoroughly and let it come to a boil.
- Add only 100 gms (Keep the remaining half for garnishing) of cream, mix well and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add the fried vegetable koftas and mix gently. Close stove.
- Garnish with remaining 100 gms of cream and Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya before serving.