VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 6 persons.
|Chicken With Bones (18 To 20 Pieces)||1 Kg / 2.2 lbs|
|Rice Basmati (Take Good Quality Old Rice)||750 gms. / 1.10 lbs|
|Onions||125 gms / 4.4 oz / 2 Medium / Fried 2 Fistful|
|Cooking Oil||Enough For Deep Frying Onions|
|Cilantro Leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint Leaves / Pudina||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Green Chillies Paste (6 To 7)||1½ Tablespoon|
|Yogurt / Curd||200 gms / 7.05 oz|
|Milk||1 Small Tea Cup / 100 ml – Full Fat|
|Green Peas||50 gms|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Sufiyani Chicken Biryani Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and soak rice for at least half hour and keep aside.
- Whip yogurt / curd thoroughly and keep aside. Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water, make a paste of pouch # 1 and keep aside. Also boil the eggs and green peas separately and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and deep fry onions till they start changing colour. Remove and keep aside and crush them after they dry.
- In a pot take masala paste, yogurt / curd, crushed onions, 60 ml / 4 table spoons of oil left over after frying onions, Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania, Mint leaves/Pudina, Green chillies paste, Half of Ghee (40 gms), Half of milk (50 ml) and mix with the Chicken thoroughly and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Take a pot, pour two liters of water and on high flame, cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Pour contents of pouch No.2 and rice into the boiling water, stir occasionally till rice is just half done. (Once rice is put in boiling water, the process should not take more than 3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain rice thoroughly and spread it over the Chicken mixture, uniformly pour 75 ml / 5 Table spoons of oil left over after frying onions, remaining ghee (40 gms) and remaining milk (50 ml), cover pot tightly with aluminium foil and put it on a big stove on high flame till steam comes out. This process should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot and place a wok (tawa) and then place pot on wok (tawa) on reduced flame so that the flame just touches the wok, for about 40 minutes. Rotate the pot on the wok (tawa) from time to time.
- Put off flame and let pot remain on the wok (tawa) for about 20 minutes.
- Open pot just before serving, mixing thoroughly from deep inside. Garnish with Half cut boiled eggs and green peas and serve hot with Ustad Banne Nawab’s Mirchi ka Salan / Bagare Baigan.