VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 6 persons .
|Chicken with bones cut in to 12 big pcs||1 kg / 2 lb.|
|Rice Basmati (take good quality old rice)||1 kg / 2 lb.|
|Onions||250 gm. / 4 Nos. (medium size) / 9 oz.|
|Tomatoes||350 gm. / 12 oz.|
|Cooking oil||250 ml. / 1 cup|
|Green chillies||4 Nos. (whole)|
|Cashew nuts (fried)||100 gm. / 3.5 oz.|
|Raisins||100 gm. / 3.5 oz.|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Arabian Kabsa Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING
- Make a paste of kabsa masala with 50 ml water, wash chicken pieces give sharp incisions, mix thoroughly and marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat 250 ml oil in a pot and deep fry two onions till golden brown add tomatoes, cover the pot and cook it for 10 mins. Add marinated chicken and green chilies and stir fry for 10 mins.
- Add two litres of water let it comes to boil, close the lid and cook on low flame till chicken is tender ( this process should take 20 mins)
- Wash , soak rice and keep aside.
- Remove chicken pieces after it gets tender and keep aside & cook rice in the same water, if needed add some more water, Making sure the rice is not over cooked
- Now either shallow fry chicken pieces till tender or grill in an oven or barbeque until chicken is done , turning it upside down every 10 minutes.
- Remove rice in a serving dish and garnish with fried cashews and raisins, keep the chicken pieces on top of the rice and serve hot.