VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 6 persons.
|Mutton with bones cut in to 15 big pieces||1 kg / 2 lb.|
|Rice, Basmati (take good quality old rice)||1 kg / 2 lb.|
|Onions||250 gm. / 8.8 oz. / 4 medium size|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Cilantro leaves/ Kothimir /Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Green chillies||4 Nos. (whole)|
|Saffron or Saffron color (optional)||1 to 2 pinch|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Mandi Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Heat oil in a pot and deep fry two onions till golden brown. Remove and keep aside and crush them after they dry.
- Wash , soak rice and keep aside.
- Take 200 ml oil left after frying onions add two finely diced onions, 5 green chillies, meat & mandi masala saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add two litres of water let it come to a boil, close lid and cookon low flame till mutton is tender (this process should take 45-50 mins)
- Remove mutton pieces after it gets tender and keep aside & cook rice with saffron in the same water, if needed add some more water.
- Heat enough oil to shallow fry mutton pieces for 2-3 minutes only on medium flame, Making sure the mutton pieces are not over fried
- Remove rice in a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves and fried onions, keep the mutton pieces on top of the rice and serve hot.