VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 6 persons .
|Mutton with Bones||1 kg / 2 lbs|
|Rice Basmati (Take good quality old rice)||750 gms. / 1.65 lbs|
|Onions||125 gms / 4.4 oz / 2 medium / Fried 2 Fistful|
|Cooking Oil||Enough for Deep Frying Onions|
|Cilantro Leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||200 gms / 7.05 oz|
|Milk||½ Small Tea Cup / 50 ml|
|Saffron / Saffron Colour||1 to 2 Pinch|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Mutton Biryani Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Dissolve saffron or Saffron color in 50 ml / half small tea cup milk, whip yogurt / curd thoroughly and keep aside. Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water, make a paste of pouch # 1 and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and deep fry onions till golden brown. Remove and keep aside and crush them after they dry.
- In a pot take masala paste, yogurt / curd, crushed onions, saffron or saffron color milk, 60 ml / 4 table spoons of oil left over after frying onions, Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania, Mint leaves/Pudina and mix with the mutton thoroughly and marinate for 2 hours. If meat is not tender then marinate for 3 hrs.
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Take a pot, pour two liters of water and on high flame, cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Pour contents of pouch No.2 and rice into the boiling water, stir occasionally till rice is just half done. ( Once rice is put in boiling water, the process should not take more than 3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain rice thoroughly and spread it over the mutton mixture, uniformly pour 75 ml / 5 Table spoons of oil left over after frying onions, cover pot tightly and put it on a big stove on high flame till steam comes out. This process should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot and place a wok (tawa) and then place pot on wok (tawa) on reduced flame as much that flame just touches the wok, for about 40 minutes.
- Put off flame and let pot remain on the wok (tawa) for about 10 minutes.
- Open pot just before serving and serve biryani hot mixing thoroughly from deep inside.