VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Skinless, Chicken with bone, cut into 30 Pcs.||1 Kg. / 2.2 lb|
|OR Chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into very small pieces||1/2 kg / 1.1 lb|
|Green chilies – diced finely||5|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying Chicken|
|Capsicum/Bell Pepper – Cut into 12 pcs||1 Big / 50 Gms|
|Onion – Cut into 12 pcs||1 Big / 125 Gms|
|Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya – Diced finely||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina – Diced finely||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Chilli Chicken Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- In a bowl mix chicken thoroughly with only One Tablespoon water, entire masala of pouch # 1, One egg and marinate for one to two hours.
- In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying chicken.
- Put marinated chicken pieces one by one into the heated oil and on high flame, deep fry till the chicken starts changing colour. This process takes between 3 to 5 minutes only, because if fried more than that, the pieces will get stiff. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
- Mix and Whip ingredients of pouch # 2 in 250 ml / Half glass of water thoroughly into a watery paste and keep aside.
- Transfer oil left over after frying chicken into a bowl leaving only 4 tablespoons/60 ml in the kadai (wok), heat it, add sliced capsicum/Bell Pepper and onion and fry for 3 to 5 minutes or till they loose their rawness. (Should not be over or under fried).
- Add diced green chillies and fry for further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add watery paste of pouch # 2, mix thoroughly and let it come to a boil. (About 30 seconds only, not more then that.)
- Add entire chicken, Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara dhanya and Mint leaves/Pudina and stir fry vigorously and continuously, Reduce the flame to low cover the wok and cook on a low flame till the water is absorbed completely and chicken is tender.
- Remove and serve hot.