VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Skinless, Chicken with bone, cut into 30 Pcs.||1 Kg. / 2.2 lb|
|OR Chicken, boneless, skinless, cut into very small pieces||1/2 kg / 1.1 lb|
|Green chilies – diced finely||10|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying Chicken|
|Garlic cloves – Very finely diced/shredded||1 Big Flower / 40 Gms|
|Onion – Diced very finely||1 Medium / 60 Gms|
|Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya – Diced finely||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina – Diced finely||1 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Chicken Manchurian Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- In a bowl mix chicken thoroughly with 1 tablespoon/15 ml water, entire masala of pouch # 1, One whole egg and marinate for one hour.
- In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying chicken.
- Put marinated chicken pieces one by one into the heated oil and on high flame, deep fry till the chicken starts changing colour. This process takes between 3 to 5 minutes only, because if fried more than that, the pieces will get stiff. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
- Mix and Whip thoroughly ingredients of pouch # 2 in 250 ml / One glass of water into a watery paste and keep aside.
- Transfer oil left over after frying chicken into a bowl leaving only 4 tablespoons/60 ml in the kadai (wok) and heat it.
- Add very finely diced onion, green chilies and shredded / finely diced garlic and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Masala paste of pouch No 2 and let it come to a boil (About 30 seconds only, not more than that).
- Add entire chicken, finely diced Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara dhanya and Mint leaves/Pudina, mix thoroughly and stir fry vigorously and continuously for about 2 to 3 minutes, reduce flame to low cover the wok and cook till water is completely absorbed and chicken is tender. Remove and serve hot.