VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons.
|Mutton boneless||½ kg / 1 lb.|
|Green Chillies (sliced vertically)||1 No.|
|Onions (sliced)||4 medium /250gms. / 8 oz.|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya 2 small bunch / 10 Twigs||2 small bunches / 10 Twigs|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||2 small bunches / 10 Twigs|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Yogurt (curd)||200 gms / 7 oz.|
|Coconut powder||15 gms / 0.5 oz.|
|Cashew Nuts||8 Nos. / 15 gms / 0.5 oz.|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Kofta Curry Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Mix boneless meat, entire ingredients of pouch # 1, raw onions 125 gms, 1 green chilly, 1 cilantro/kothmir, 1 mint leaves/ pudina, mix & grind thoroughly.
- Apply little oil on your palm, make small ball shaped koftas with the ground mix and keep aside. Heat enough oil for shallow frying & fry them on low flame turning around till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Dice 125 gm. onion and deep fry till golden brown. Remove, dry and keep aside.
- Make a paste of pouch# 2 in 50 m.l / Half teacup water and keep aside.
- Slightly roast the coconut powder and cashew nuts on a Tawa / Wok and make a paste in the grinder by adding a little water and keep aside.
- In a cooking pot heat 100 m.l oil, left over after frying onions.
- Add pouch# 2 Masala paste and cook for just one or two minutes only, stirring continuously, otherwise it will get charred.
- Add the yogurt / curd after whipping and stirring continuously, cook till raw smell of the yogurt / curd goes out.
- Add the coconut and cashew nuts paste and stirring continuously, cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Crush the dried onions, add and mix.Add 600 m.l / 3 glasses of water, mix thoroughly and let it come to a boil.
- Add the fried Koftas, reduce flame to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for about twenty minutes and close the stove.
- Garnish with a bunch of Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya and a bunch of chopped mint leaves before serving.