VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Meat with bones||½ Kg / 1.1 lb|
|Onions sliced||225 gms / 8 oz / 4 medium / Fried 4 Fistful|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Green chillies – Whole||3|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Mutton Curry Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Heat oil, deep fry onions till golden brown making sure not to over fry them as that will change the color of the curry, remove and keep aside.
- Take 100 ml / one small tea cup water and make a paste of curry masala and apply evenly to the meat and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker take 90 ml / 6 tablespoons of oil left over after frying onions, add Green chillies, meat mixed with masala paste and fry for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously making sure the masala paste doesn’t stick to the bottom of the cooker.
- Crush fried onions and add to contents of cooker and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 875 ml / 3½ glasses water and mix thoroughly.
- Close lid of pressure cooker and cook on high flame. After third whistle, reduce flame to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Put off flame and let cooker cool down.
- Remove lid of pressure cooker, cover it with a plain cover and on medium to low flame, cook till meat is tender and desired thickness of curry is achieved (Neither too thick nor too thin), stirring once or twice. (This process takes anywhere between 15 to 25 minutes). Close stove, add cilantro/Kothmir/hara Dhania and mint leaves/Pudina, cover and serve after 5 minutes.