VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 6 persons.
|Mixed Vegetables-200 Gms Each-Use any 4 of the following. Don’t use more or any other Vegetables. (Potatoes, Green Beans, Green Peas, Cauliflower or Carrots)||800 gms / 1.12 lbs|
|Rice Basmati (Take Good Quality Old Rice)||750 gms. / 1.10 lbs (Don’t Take More)|
|Onions Sliced||125 gms / 4.4 oz / 2 Medium / Fried 2 Fistfuls|
|Cooking Oil||Enough for deep frying onions/vegetables|
|Cilantro Leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint Leaves / Pudina||1 Small Bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Yogurt / Curd||200 gms / 7.05 oz|
|Milk||½ Small Tea Cup / 50 ml|
|Saffron / Saffron Colour||1 to 2 Pinch|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Vegetable Biryani Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and soak rice in water and keep aside.
- Cut/slice/dice washed vegetables. Potatoes should be cut bigger.
- Dissolve saffron or Saffron color in half small tea cup / 50 ml milk and keep aside.
- Take 50 ml / Half small tea cup water, make a paste of pouch # 1 and keep aside.
- Heat enough oil in a pot for deep frying onions and vegetables. First fry onions till golden brown. Remove and keep aside and crush them after they dry.
- Fry vegetables one by one till tender, drain oil and keep aside. For convenience they can be fried in groups. Group more tender vegetables like potatoes and cauliflower together and the rest separately.
- In a pot take masala paste, yogurt / curd, crushed onions, saffron or saffron color milk, 30 ml / 2 table spoons of oil left over after frying onions and vegetables, Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania, Mint leaves/Pudina and mix with the Fried Vegetables thoroughly.
- Take a pot, pour three liters of water and put on high flame, cover the pot and let it come to a boil.
- Pour contents of pouch No.2 and rice into the boiling water; stir occasionally till rice is almost done.(Once rice is put in boiling water, the process should not take more than 3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain rice thoroughly and spread it over the Vegetable mixture and over this uniformly pour 75 ml / 5 Table spoons of oil left over after frying onions/vegetables, cover pot tightly and put it on a big stove on high flame till steam comes out. This process should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove pot and place a wok (tawa) and then place pot on wok (tawa) on reduced flame as much that flame just touches the wok, for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Put off flame and let pot remain on the wok (tawa) for at least 20 minutes.
- Open pot just before serving, mix thoroughly and serve Biryani hot.