VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Potatoes||300 Gms / 10.56 Oz|
|Cauliflower||250 Gms / 8.8 Oz|
|Green Beans||200 Gms / 7.04 Oz|
|Carrot / Okra||200 Gms / 7.04 Oz|
|Green Peas||50 Gms / 1.76 Oz|
|Green Chilies – Whole||3|
|Cooking Oil||Enough for Deep Frying|
|Curry Leaves||6 Twigs (Kadi) / 60 Leaves|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya||2 Small Bunches|
|Mustard Seeds||5gms / One Teaspoon|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Kadhai Vegetables Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash and cut all vegetables in appropriate sizes.
- In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying Potatoes, Green beans, Carrots / Okra and Green Peas. On high flame, deep fry all the above vegetables for about 10 minutes, remove and keep aside. Don’t fry Cauliflowers as they need to be fried separately.
- Now fry the Cauliflowers separately for about 2 to 3 minutes only as if done more than that they will crumble and disintegrate.
- Make 1 or 2 small incisions in the green chillies and keep aside.
- Mix entire pouch of Kadhai Vegetables Masala in 50 ml water, make a paste and keep aside.
- Transfer oil left over after frying into a bowl leaving only 3 tablespoons / 60 ml in the kadai (wok), heat it, add mustard seeds and let them pop, now add green chilies, fry for 30 to 60 seconds and then add curry leaves and let them splutter for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Add the Masala paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Now add all the fried vegetables, one bunch of Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya and stir fry, stirring continuously till water is absorbed completely.
- Remove and garnish with one more bunch of Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya.