VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Spinach / Palak||600 Gms / 1.5 Oz|
|Cooking Oil||6 Tablespoons / 90 Ml|
|Paneer / Cottage Cheese – Cut into Small Cubes||300 Gms / 10.5 Oz|
|Cream||100 Gms / 3.50 Oz|
|Onions – Diced Very Finely||2 Medium / 175 Gms / 6.20 Oz|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Palak Paneer Masala||One Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Wash thoroughly and dice the Spinach / Palak finely and grind it in a grinder / blender with 50 ml / Half tea cup water into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Take 50 ml / Half teacup water, mix entire Palak Paneer Masala thoroughly into a fine paste and keep aside
- Heat 6 Tablespoons Oil in a Pan / Skillet and fry, finely diced onions till they start changing color, stirring continuously.
- Add Spinach paste and stirring continuously, cook till the Spinach paste is thoroughly cooked and raw smell of spinach goes away (10 to 15 minutes).
- Add Palak Paneer Masala paste, mix thoroughly and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add Paneer cubes and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously making sure the paneer cubes don’t break or disintegrate.
- Add 50 ml / Half teacup water, mix thoroughly and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add cream, mix thoroughly and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes till gravy becomes thickish. Close stove and serve with Tandoori Roti / Rumali Roti / Nan / Chapati / Paratha.