VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Small Eggplants / Brinjals||7|
|Raw Onions||200 Gms / 2 -3 Medium|
|Curry Leaves||30 leaves|
|Coconut Powder||25 Gms|
|Peanuts / Groundnuts||25 Gms|
|Sesame Seeds||25 Gms|
|Cooking Oil||100 ml / 9 Tablespoons|
|Cilantro Leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania||Half Small Bunch|
|Mint Leaves / Pudina||Half Small Bunch|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Bagare Baigan Blend||One Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Lightly roast the Coconut powder, Peanuts / Groundnuts and Sesame Seeds, making sure not to over roast.
- Grind above roasted items, add 200 ml water and make a fine paste.
- Mix entire pouch of Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Bagare Baigan Blend into the above paste along with chopped Cilantro leaves / Kothmir / Hara Dhania, Mint leaves / Pudina.
- Dice the onions lengthwise very finely, heat enough oil in a pot and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Remove, spread them over a newspaper or paper tissue, let them dry thoroughly and keep aside.
- Take 100 ml / 9 tablespoon of the remaining oil left over after frying onions and heat it.
- Fry the Eggplants / Brinjals till color starts changing a little bit.
- Add curry leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Add the spice paste and sauté for 30 seconds or so only stirring continuously making sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot. (Should not be done more than 30 seconds or so, otherwise the gravy may look charred and taste bitter).
- Crush the dried onions finely into a course powder, add and mix.
- Immediately pour 400 ml of water, stir and mix well. Cover the pot and cook till desired thickness of gravy is achieved, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and serve.
NOTE: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN ABOVE AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE FOR BEST RESULTS.