VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Minced Meat (Kheema)||½ kg. / 1.1 lb|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying onions|
|Onions sliced||125 gms / 4.4 oz / 2 Medium / Fried 2 Fistfuls|
|Yogurt/Curd||100 gms / 3.5 oz|
|Cilantro/kothmir/hara dhanya||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/pudina||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Dum ka Kheema Masala|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Fry onions till golden brown, keep aside till they dry, then crush them.
- Take 15 ml / one tablespoon of water and make a paste of green chilies, Cilantro/kothmir/hara dhanya and mint leaves / pudina in a blender.
- In a Lagan/Tray, take minced meat (kheema), Yogurt/Curd, Dum ka kheema masala, 4 tablespoons oil left over after frying onions, crushed onions and the green chilly-hara masala paste, mix thoroughly and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the Lagan / Tray in a pre-heated oven/grill till well cooked. Mix and turn the Kheema upside down every 15 minutes.
This dish can also be baked on a stove but make sure the Lagan/Tray’s bottom is very thick and the minced meat does not stick to the bottom or get burnt. Cover the Lagan/Tray and cook on high flame for about 10 minutes and then on low to medium flame till well cooked, turning the kheema upside down every 15 minutes. If the bottom of the Lagan/Tray is not very thick, use a Wok (Tawa) and place the Lagan/Tray on top of it.
- Garnish with diced raw onions and lemons and serve.