VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Garlic, Ginger, Red chilli, Potli ka Masala or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 6 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients required for 6 persons
|6 Zaban (Small size, thoroughly cleaned)||½ kg / 1.1 lb|
|6 Paya (Small size, thoroughly cleaned)||½ kg / 1.1 lb|
|Please note: If desired, either Zaban, Paya or both can be replaced by Meat with bones in the same quantity.|
|Cooking oil||180 ml / 12 Tablespoons|
|Onions||300 Gms / 10.56 oz / 4 Medium|
|Cilantro leaves/Kothmir/Hara Dhania||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 Twigs|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Nehari Masala||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- In a pressure cooker take 1500 ml / 6 glasses of water 2 raw diced onions, entire Masala of pouch # 1, mix thoroughly and then add all the Zaban / Paya or Meat.
- Close lid of pressure cooker and cook on high flame till Third whistle.
- After the 3rd whistle, reduce flame to lowest and cook for One hour(30 to 45 minutes only if using meat)
- Put off flame and let cooker cool down.
- Remove lid of pressure cooker, remove all the Zaban/Paya/Meat, add 1500ml / 6 more glasses of water, mix well, cover pot and cook on high flame till the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add entire Masala of pouch # 2, mix thoroughly stirring continuously for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally, cook on medium flame for atleast 15 to 20 minutes or till the desired consistency of the Nehari gravy is obtained. (Should not be too thick or thin).
- Close stove and add cilantro / hara dhanya / Kothmir and Mint leaves / pudina.
- Heat 180 ml / 12 Tablespoons of oil in wok / kadhai and fry two finely diced onions till golden brown and add this oil and onions into the Nehari.
- Mix well and Serve hot with Nan Bread / Paratha or Roti.