VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Meat Kheema (Minced Meat)||500 Gms / 1.1 Lb|
|Raw Onions – Two medium (Finely diced)||125 Gms|
|Tomatoes – Two medium||100 Gms|
|Coriander leaves – Finely diced||1 small bunch|
|Green Chili – Finely diced||One (1)|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying|
|Egg (only whites)||Two|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Chapli Kebab Spice Blend||One packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Scrape off thick fleshy skin of tomatoes and discard pulp. (Do not use the inside pulpy part or else the kebabs will crumble while frying). Dice the thick fleshy skin into cubes and keep aside.
- Wash and drain Meat Kheema (Minced Meat) and squeeze thoroughly.
- Add entire pouch of Ustad Banne Nawab’s Chapli Kebab Spice Blend, finely diced – raw onions, pieces of thick tomato skin, Coriander leaves, green chilies and two egg whites and mix well.
- Make about 12 round flat patties. For best results marinate in a freezer for one to two hours. By marinating in a freezer the kebabs will not crumble while frying.
- Heat approximately 7 tablespoons (100 ml) oil in a skillet / frying pan for shallow frying 6 kebabs. Add the same amount for frying the next 6 kebabs.
- Reduce flame to minimum after the oil gets heated, place 6 kebabs at a time, cover the skillet / frying pan and let the Chapli Kebabs cook on low flame otherwise the kebabs will get charred from the outside and remain undone from the inside. After one side is done, remove cover, turn the kebabs, cover the skillet / frying pan and cook till the other side is also done.
- Remove and serve hot.
NOTE: FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN ABOVE AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE FOR BEST RESULTS.
- It is highly recommended to freeze the kebabs, after shaping for about 1 to 2 hours to avoid crumbling while frying .Once done, remove only those kebabs which are to be fried, and keep the remaining in the fridge. Fry a batch at a time and keep the second batch in the fridge, take the second batch out only when you are frying.
- Cover the lid while frying to avoid stiffness of kebabs.
- For traditional Peshawari taste, add 25 Gms of anaar dana (finely grinded) to the kebab mixture.
- Serve it along with green chutney. To make green chutney, add Coriander leaves, green chilies, salt and tamarind. You can adjust the ratio of chutney’s ingredients, depending upon how subtle, spicy or tangy you want.
- You can also make amazing wraps, by crumbling these kebabs and adding some mayonnaise and fresh cream; or your choice of sauces with some olives and fresh lettuce in a wrapper sheet of your choice.
- You can also use them in your Mexican recipes just by adding a tsp of roasted cumin seeds in the kebab mixture.