VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Meat with bones/minced meat/liver/kidney
|½ kg. / 1 lb.|
|Chicken with bones||1 kg. / 2 lb.|
|Cilantro/Kothmir/Hara Dhanya||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves/Pudina||1 small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Green chilies (vertically sliced)||3 Nos.|
|Cooking oil||75 ml. / 5 tablespoons|
|Onions||125 gm. / 2 medium|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Fry Masala||1 packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Take 50 ml / ½ small tea cup water and make a paste of fry masala, keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker heat 75 ml. / 5 tablespoons oil and fry onions till they start changing colour.
- Add green chilies, meat/minced meat/liver/kidney/chicken and fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Now add masala paste and fry for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously so that nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Add 250 ml. / 1 glass of water, mix thoroughly and pressure cook till third whistle (if chicken is used then cook till first whistle only), reduce flame to low and cook for 5 to 10 minutes if meat is tender, (otherwise cook for another 5 to 10 minutes). Close stove and let the cooker cool down.
- Transfer contents of pressure cooker in a kadahi (wok) and stirring occasionally, fry till meat is tender and water is absorbed. Add Cilantro/kothmir/hara dhanya and mint leaves, mix and put on “Dumm” for 5 minutes on low flame. Remove and serve.