VERY IMPORTANT: No need to add Salt, Red chilli, Ginger, Garlic or anything else apart from the ingredients given below. Increase all quantities proportionally for serving more than 5 persons. Follow instructions given below as it is for best results.
Ingredients Required for 5 persons
|Potatoes||½ kg / 1 lb|
|Green chilies – Whole||7|
|Cooking oil||Enough for deep frying|
|Curry leaves||6 twigs (kaadi) / 60 leaves|
|Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara Dhanya||1/2 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Mint leaves / Pudina||1/2 Small bunch / 10 twigs|
|Yogurt (Curd)||25 gms|
|Edible Orange Red Colour||2-3 pinches|
|Ustad Banne Nawab’s Hyderabadi Aloo 65 Masala||1 Packet|
STEPS OF COOKING:
- Peel Potato skins and dice them into small cubes.
- In a bowl mix Potato cubes with entire masala of pouch # 1 making sure they are coated thoroughly.
- In a kadai (wok), heat enough oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry the Potato cubes on high flame till golden brown. Remove and allow pieces to cool down.
- Whip yogurt (curd) thoroughly, add orange red color, mix well and keep aside.
- Mix ingredients of pouch # 2, Cilantro / Kothmir / Hara dhanya, Mint Leaves / Pudina in 125 ml / Half glass of water thoroughly and keep aside.
- Transfer oil left over after frying into a bowl leaving only 3 tablespoons in the kadai (wok), heat it, add green chilies, fry for 30 to 60 seconds, add curry leaves and let them splutter for 10 to 20 seconds, add the yogurt/curd and fry for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the entire fried Alu pieces, mix thoroughly and sauté for another one to two minutes and then add the paste of pouch No 2, mix thoroughly and on high flame stir fry vigorously and continuously till water is completely absorbed. Make sure Masala does not stick to bottom of Wok (Kadai). Remove and serve hot.